Thursday, September 17, 2009

Erin Brown

On the last day of homecare camp we spent time and prayed for each individual child in a large group. Every child in the camp was prayed for by one of us from Ecclesia. After that we broke up into our teams and my team, the red team, decided we wanted to pray for each member of our team as well.

Naphtalie, Brent, and I had the kids sit in a circle and we traveled around it. I kneeled in front of each child and held their hands as I prayed for them. During that time the lord revealed a lot of things to me about each child. I began to pray for very specific parts of their lives. The kids all began to cry as I prayed with them, the holy spirit was revealing things to both of us… he was helping me get to know these kids we were serving, and he was assuring both of us of his presence and his love.

In that hour I got to know the kids more deeply and personally than I did the whole week prior.




No comments:

Post a Comment