Friday, October 9, 2009

Robyn Gloyd



I have had the absolute honor of going to Kenya three times. The last trip I went on before this one was in April of 2007. When I got home from that trip, I was not feeling well and thought that I may have gotten Malaria. I was wrong. It turned out I was pregnant. Utter shock is how I best describe my initial feelings towards finding that news out. My husband, Jesse, and I had not planned to have a baby so soon. But after the shock wore off, I came to realize what a blessing this baby was to my life.

Jack, my son, is now 21 months old. And he has brought a softness to my heart I did not know was possible. Jesse came on this trip with me for the first time, and we left Jack with grandma and granddad for 2 whole weeks…more than we have ever left him before. I knew this would be difficult so I prayed A LOT before we left for God to comfort my heart and to make sure that I was not distracted from the kids in Kenya who so deserved my time and attention. God is faithful and God is good. I am not going to say that I didn’t think of Jack all the time, I did. But God used my love for my son to be able to love on these kids, who so often don’t get any. It was beautiful. And now I miss them like I missed Jack. I think of them everyday, praying that God watches over them and protects them. I pray that he gives them strength and wisdom to get through each day. And I pray more than anything that they know they are loved, loved like they were my own. And what comforts my heart is that I know that they are Gods children and that he loves them in a way that I can’t. He is our father and even though we are half a world a part, we are all loved by Him and that ties us together.

I will go back. Every time I go I leave a piece of my heart there, and the rest of me aches to go see my family in Kenya. I can’t wait to see my family in Kenya again!!

Bwana Asifwe.

No comments:

Post a Comment