Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heading Out...

We're counting down the minutes until we leave. Everyone on the team (I assume) is quite excited, though the travel (24 hour trip) and the immediate culture shock will most definitely leave us in need of heavy prayer. We will be constantly updating throughout the trip with pictures and details. Thank you to everyone who helped donate. God has been so very good.

As a group (and with the Kenyan people) we will be studying the Lord's Prayer. As we will be in need of immense prayer, I'll leave you readers and good people with the following excerpt from Meditations on Divine Mercy:

O Kindest Father, God of all hope and comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3), grant to me life-giving and true peace of conscience in all the difficulties of life. My heart is full of anxieties, but Your comforts are able to delight my soul (Psalm 94:19).

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for your safe travel. Go Team! May God give you eager and cheerful hearts in the weeks ahead!
    -Rod

    ReplyDelete